“The only thing permanent in life is change”, runs an age-old adage. Be it life’s ways, technology, people or fashion, as the days go by the element of change adds spice to life and drives away the monotony.
Fashion especially has a very interesting trend and keeps changing, incorporating the demand of the hour with interesting permutations and combinations.
“Changing self-image helps to change one’s personality and behaviour”, believes
Monica Garg, a young entrepreneur who is creating Luxury Image Consultants in India vis-à-vis Image Consultants.
Monica Garg, Director, International Luxury Academy (ILA), an Academy offering Luxury Image Consultant, herself is trained in image, style, fashion, colour and etiquette by several certified image masters of the world.
Above all this, she is also a certified trainer in Luxury Brand Management from London. She has conducted various workshops in New York and China; therefore has a great awareness and vision on the fashion and lifestyle industry. Being an avid traveler, she has great knowledge about various cultures, countries and International Savoir Vivre.
Here are 5 essential tips shared by ‘Monica Garg’, while choosing the right dress and accessory:
1. Petite women should wear small, delicate accessories and patterns in proportion to their scale.
When it comes to petite women, they should choose clothing that doesn’t submerge their small figure. They should use few styling tips that make their body look lean and long, like for office wear, go for shirt with fitted straight-leg black pinstripe trousers and black pumps and for casual look go for V neck sweater paired with dark-wash skinny jeans.
2. If you have a curvy body, wear belted styles to accentuate your waist – go for belted jackets, trench-style coats, or other fits that draw in towards the waist. To accentuate your curve in flattering way wear short jackets that ends just above your hips.
3. Turn-up trousers look good on long legs. Turn-ups really can flatter any figure. Turn-up trousers should ideally be used to add more shape to the trouser and provide a focus for the bottom of the leg.
4. Always prioritize fit of jeans over trendy labels.
It’s always important to first see the comfort in whatever you are wearing. Same rule applies for jeans; comfort comes first and then the trend in style!
5. Go for monochromatic clothing as it makes one look slimmer and taller.
To make your frame look taller and leaner, go for monochromatic clothing as it’s your best option.
The similar shade of clothing from head to toe creates a long line for your body. The entire attire should not be of the same colour, but the pieces should all be from the same colour family.
Follow these tips and grab the eye balls… get voguish!