Sachi Singh is a name that has made a distinguishable mark in the arena of style and fashion. Her creativity sets her apart and her label ‘Kawachi’, launched last year; has become one of India’s prides in the creative circle. Sachi is also deeply inclined towards music and is the first female music director in the Punjabi Music Industry.
Her creativity and innovation renders an extra spin to fashion. She has styled many celebs and Individuals, who approach her to upscale their look.
Here’s what the style icon has to say on style, fashion and more…
1. What is styling in its true sense?
Styling is about “what’s in here”. Unlike fashion, styling has more to do with “who you are” and “what you do”. It should connect with your own personality and not the external world. Styling is all about expressing your inner self in what you are donning. A rock singer will carry his/her own style on stage, like wearing shades, long hair may be or funky accessories, because what he sings in words and music is expressed by his looks and appearance as well.
2. Which celeb did you enjoy styling the most and why?
I loved styling DJ Ice for the music video and on stage performance because, usually DJs do not take that much care and get into details of what they are wearing or what accessories they have to match. But DJ Ice personally takes a lot of interest in it. He didn’t go for baggy jeans and all; he was decked up in GQ style suit and nice accessory.
3. According to you which celebs (one of the present generation and one from the golden 70s and 80s in Bollywood), would you rate as the most stylish ones?
Arjun Kapoor, is one of the most stylish celebrities from Bollywood. I think he knows how to dress up. He carries every style perfectly. Whether it is ethnic or GQ suits. He has a great personality and persona. Kangana Ranaut is experimenting well with her looks and she can wear anything and still stand out. If I have to go back to the golden era, I would say Rekha ji, is still blinking with her style; her ‘Kanjiwaram’ and gold jewelry is intact. In terms of men, it has to be Amitabh Bachchan. He can pull off any look he wants to.
4. The 3 top tricks to grab all eyeballs in terms of fashion
• Throw on a scarf, it’s a multipurpose accessory.
• Have a wild print accessory. It’s always stylish and trendy.
• You can always layer your necklace; it’s a trendy way to catch eyeballs.
• If you are in doubt, wear nude colour accessories.
5. Your favourite piece of jewelry, designed by you?
Yes, I do have a favourite piece from my collection. It’s a lady bug ring studded with diamonds. It’s a full length ring. It’s my favourite piece because it’s inspired by my life. I am the lady bug and diamonds shining on different spots of the ring are my goals. So, that lady bug keeps moving up whenever I achieve my goals. That ring is my motivation and signifies my life.
6. Five tricks to score in terms of style…
• Know your body type and colours that flatter you before you wear your perfect dress.
• One should know what to keep under wraps and what to bare! Pick one part to flaunt.
• And I believe, going for contrast works better than matching colours and shapes.
• Try a broader waistband to proportionate your body appearance.
• Look for experiments with classic styles. They become a statement.